- Rebates and grants are available for the purchase and installation of major equipment items. Equipment must be new and not second-hand.
- Residential rebates are for photovoltaic systems that are connected to a main-grid or are very close to a main-grid.
- Any system eligible for a rebate under the Renewable Remote Power Generation Program is ineligible for the Solar Homes and Communities Plan; applicants should discuss which rebate to apply for with an accredited designer and installer.
- The person who carries out the installation must be accredited for design and installation of photovoltaic systems.
- Applicant’s household taxable income must be less than $100,000.
- Applications close June 30 2009.
How to apply
All applicants should send completed forms by mail to:
Solar Homes and Communities Plan Manager Department of the Environment, Water, Heritage and the Arts PO Box 787 CANBERRA ACT 2600 For more information on how to apply, contact the national information line on 1800 808 571.